Writer's Block

17 Jun 2013



So, it's been nearly a month since I last showed up around here so I forced myself to write a post up. I have a good reason for being so late....


I have writer's block. Bad. Between all of the study I've been up to my neck in lately and the head flu I've somehow caught twice in a row in the last month I really haven't been in the mood to write, or even plan. 
And that's not a good thing. Camp NaNoWriMo is next month. I'm aiming to write 20,000 words during it. One month. 31 days. 20,000 words. That's only 646 words a day. I can do that... right? The thing is I've only planned 7 chapters of my novel, and now I've got planner's block. I usually end up with around 2,000 words a chapter. Which means I'm going to come up 6,000 words short. I don't know what's going to happen next. I don't even really like what I've planned so far and I don't know how to fix it. It's making me miserable. 
I guess I'll just go back to blankly staring at the computer screen waiting for inspiration and pretend that my uni work doesn't need attention. I've spent all week on it. I can spare an hour to mope about being unable to think of what to write. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment